Sunday, September 7, 2008

Scandinavian Season

I purchased this set so I could make a set of cards for my grandma. I had a hard time at first seeing much in it, but after my last card here with it, I think I am getting in my groove. I will post them in order of completion, so the last one, which is my favorite, is the last one I made.



I figured I had better do something with those mittens, so this is what came to mind. I chose Pacific Point and Baja Breeze. I used craft white ink as well as the Baja Breeze double stripe ribbon, the key tag punch (it never seems to get cleaned off my desk for long) and the scallop border punch with the 1/16" circle punch to add a lacey effect. The sentiment is from Best Yet, which is really growing on me!



This one started with Bravo Burgundy. I think I automatically reach for that burgundy because so much of the rose malling my grandparents made for me is in burgundy. I added a layer in craft and used a little scrap of that beautiful Green Tea DS paper. I added a word window punch with a piece of the sentiment from Best Yet and attached it with copper brads from the vintage set. The ribbon is Old Olive. I also used the Scandinavian wheel with the bravo.



The third one I am not so sure of, I chose a monochromatic color scheme from the color wheel trying to try something new. I used the scallop punch again, with the tab punch and some apricot brads. The colors are Pumpkin Pie and Apricot Appeal. I used a length of Pumpkin Pie ribbon.



This one is my favorite! The tree and the sentiment from Warm Words are embossed in white. The edges are sponged with the white craft to give it that softened snowy look. Then I added the artichoke and eggplant ribbons and the little swish of color with the aquapainter in eggplant. I used the ticket corner punch too. Let me know what you think about any or all of these. I am thinking of making a set of these cards to go in a Norwegian basket that our church is putting together for the Bazaar.

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

I think all the cards look great! I'm so glad *someone* is using that stamp set...mine is on its way right now and I'm trying to think of what I want to do for a swap I signed up for using that stamp set. Thanks so much for sharing all your ideas. I agree with you, the last one with the kraft and eggplant is my favorite of the series :)