Tuesday, September 9, 2008

BIC22 Inspiration Challenge


Beate Johns is a wonderful stamper who shares her talent and inspiration with others freely. This morning, she shared this photo from Martha Stewart's collection for some inspiration.


I got a light, airy feel from it and this is what I came up with, inspired by the photo Beate shared. I started with Brocade Blue base, and stamped it in white craft with the Floral background stamp set. I then heat set it because I didn't want to emboss it, I wanted that soft chalky look. I stamped the flower from Bloomin' Beautiful in Black Stazon and colored it with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and added the white gel pen and used the aquapainter to soften that too. I then dry embossed the edges of the focal image with a straight edge and an embossing stylus. I added the dots with the basic black journaler, roughed up the edges of the white piece with my fingernail, and topped it off with a piece of the wide grosgrain in brocade blue.

4 comments:

Beate said...

Wow! Jolene, you are a fast stamper. Your card turned out beautiful!
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Antje said...

Your card turned out really beautiful.... love just everything in it!!

Christy Lynn said...

Wow dude, I've never tried stamping Floral in white and it looks so fabulous! I thought for a minute that it was a different stamp or something, it didn't look like my Floral cards look! :) Beautiful job!

Natalia D said...

Wow, I love how you colored in the flower and the brocade blue color! Very pretty card. My mom (whose name is Valentina ;o) loves shades of blue and this is one of her favorite one. I'll have to stock up on that gorgeous ribbon, too. I'm saving your card in my inspiration file. have a blessed day! ;o)