Tuesday, September 2, 2008

CC182 Monochromatic Kiwi


Have I told you lately that I love Kiwi? It is my favorite right now of the new in colors. I thought it was going to be Baja Breeze, but that Kiwi Kiss has me reaching for it on almost every projects. I am going to try to make a few more things today with no Kiwi on them, because I am a hoarder and I am afraid I will run out before I get a new package!


This was the color challenge on Splitcoast this morning...monochromatic. And I had heard some grumblings that some stampers didn't think that Kiwi Kiss could go with other greens. I felt the need to stick up for the Kiwi, so I came up with this. I used Pocket Silhouettes and Flores Suaves. The base is Kiwi Kiss, then I added a piece of the Green Tea Designer Series paper, a Kiwi Kiss focal image, matted in Old Olive...and a Kiwi Kiss ribbon tied on a slip of Artichoke ribbon (I didn't find my Olive ribbon til after it was attached to my card!) The edges are distressed with the Cutter Kit.

No comments: