Monday, August 25, 2008

TLC183 Faux Dry Embossing



Another challenge and another Via de Cristo card. 4 down, 88 more to go! This one is done with a technique called Faux Dry Embossing. All you need is white craft ink and a stamp-a-ma-jig. I chose the Priceless set, AGAIN! I need my new stuff, which should be here on Thursday if UPS doesn't reschedule again...arg! Here I chose Regal rose and Kiwi Kiss for the colors, as well as the hostess DP from the last catalog. I used the word window punch to add my little sentiment as well. I also added a little touch of white grosgrain ribbon. You can check out today's challenge HERE.


The other card is one from the Friday challenge that I didn't have a chance to upload. I used the Peaceful Garden set, which I still adore after all these years. It just seems to make some of the most elegant cards! I used Kiwi Kiss and Elegant Eggplant for the colors and the White Naturals paper for the focal image. I added a touch of gold with the brads and the cording. Stampin' Up is bringing back the cording in the Winter Mini and I am so thankful, I LOVE the stuff!

No comments: